Job Announcement: Communications Intern
Employment type: Part time (15-20 hrs/week), internship
Job function: Communications, Public Relations, and Marketing
Reports to: Program and Communications Coordinator
Requirements: Be on track to receive 4 year degree (undergraduate or graduate)
This a great opportunity for graduate students or ambitious undergraduates in Communications, PR, or Marketing programs who are passionate and knowledgeable about environmental, public health and corporate social responsibility topics.
Clean Production Action, a nonprofit organization working to phase out toxic chemicals from products, seeks an energetic, outgoing, media savvy individual to coordinate communications and marketing for our novel initiatives that are defining business pathways to safer chemicals in our economy.
BizNGO is a unique collaboration of businesses and environmental groups working together for safer chemicals and sustainable materials.
GreenScreen® for Safer Chemicals is a method of comparative Chemical Hazard Assessment (CHA) that can be used for identifying chemicals of high concern and safer alternatives.
The Chemical Footprint Project aims to accelerate the global use of safer chemicals by collecting and widely sharing information on corporate progress towards a smaller chemical footprint.
Our goal is to generate increased brand recognition of and demand for our programs as key initiatives for brands and retailers, and to help them integrate chemical safety into their corporate sustainability programs as well as into the global economy. We seek candidates who are eager to dig in and have fun working with a team of top rate experts in the field of chemical safety to help coordinate, organize and execute various PR, communication and marketing tasks and projects.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, roll sleeves up individual with a sense of humor. We need someone with proven experience in writing, especially distilling complex information into simplified core messaging. The role requires the ability to execute using both traditional media and social media opportunities and channels. Candidates must be adaptable to changing priorities and adept at multi-tasking.
- Create and execute communications directed to stakeholders, prospects, investors
- Write content for newsletters, blog, social media, press releases and website
- Manage and upload content via social media channels, including LinkedIn and Twitter
- Identify key media contacts and list and perform outreach for media opportunities
- Assist with customer relationship management tool (salesforce.com)
- Handle details needed to support successful promotional campaigns and events
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Well-versed in social media platforms
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year university or master's degree program in the communications field (Communications, Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing, Journalism etc.)
- Prior experience working directly with media is ideal.
How to Apply
If you are a self-starter and comfortable working in a dynamic, evolving, and innovative environment, please submit your resume, two writing samples, and cover letter specifically addressing the position responsibilities and qualifications as soon as possible to:
Subject line: COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
Clean Production Action is an “at-will” and equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.