GreenScreen for Safer Chemicals Advanced Topics Course
Purpose: Learn how to perform comprehensive, high quality GreenScreen assessments.
- Improve skills in assessing and classifying hazard using GreenScreen and finding solutions to common challenges.
- Improve skills in assessing and classifying the hazards of chemicals lacking measured data for one or more hazard endpoints.
- Improve competencies in assigning a GreenScreen Benchmark score for the following scenarios: chemicals with data gaps, chemicals with environmental transformation products, inorganic chemicals, polymeric materials, and mixtures of chemicals.
- Increase awareness and understanding of tools and resources available to support you in performing GreenScreen assessments.
Delivery Options & Duration:
- Live web-based: Four months
- Eight separate 1.5 hour classes, two 1-hour sessions, homework, and a test
- Estimated time commitment 25-40 hours, dependent on experience and desired depth of mastery
Price: $3000 USD
|Class||Date||Time (US PT)||Duration (hrs)||Topics|
|1||17-April||8:00 AM||1.0||Program Orientation|
Assessing & Classifying Hazards
Acute Mammalian Toxicity
Systemic Toxicity-Organi Effects
Skin and Respiratory Sensitization
Skin and Eye Irritation
Acute and Chronic Aquatic Toxicity
Persistence and Bioaccumulation
Reactivity and Flammability
Estimation: Analogs and Models
Benchmarking with Data Gaps
Environmental Transformation Products
Hazard Assessment: Inorganics & Polymers
Benchmarking Inorganic Chemicals, Mixtures
|10||9-Aug||8:00 AM||1.0||Transition and Closure|
Return to Course Offerings.