The current cohort of GreenScreen Practitioners is underway.
The next cohort is exprected to begin coursework in May 2015. Check back for registration information.
The GreenScreen Practitioner Program provides our most advanced training in the GreenScreen method. It is designed for individuals with a focus on chemicals/product safety, environmental health and safety or sustainability. These individuals may or may not have formal training in toxicology, but would have experience and familiarity with evaluating chemical hazards.
Applicants to the GreenScreen Practitioner Program must qualify and be accepted into the program.
A successful participant is:
- Licensed to author assessments for his/her registered organization, and
- Licensed to submit authorized assessments to CPA for third party review resulting in certified assessments.
There are two parts to the GreenScreen Practitioner Program: the Advanced Topics Course, via live web-based classwork, and the Practicum. Both are required for licensing.
- Total time commitment (class, practicum, and homework) = ~200 hours*
- Cost is $5500 USD
*The bulk of the time is spent performing two full GreenScreen assessments. The time to complete each assessment is highly dependent on participants' prior experience and expertise.
We are now accepting applications for the next GreenScreen Practitioner Program, beginning in October, 2014.
Space is limited. To apply:
Benefits for Individuals
- Demonstrate leadership with expertise in applying the GreenScreen method
- Increase competitive advantage with professional credentialing
- Build a versatile and valuable skill set applicable in many industry sectors
- Participate in a community of practice
- Gain early access to information on updates to the GreenScreen method
- Obtain recognition on the CPA website
Benefits for Organizations
- Increase efficiencies by using internal experts to generate valuable authorized chemical hazard assessments
- Gain access to CPA third party review of authorized assessments through the GreenScreen Certification Process
- Obtain deep knowledge of chemicals used in your materials and products
- Meet customer demands for chemical hazard assessments in support of:
- Materials procurement requirements
- Environmentally preferable product development
- Compliance with alternatives assessment regulations
- Compliance with sustainability standards and ecolabel requirements
- Expand your customer-base by offering safer alternatives
- Better communicate and meet internal product development targets
- Utilize in-house expertise in safer chemistry as a design criteria to achieve lasting competitive advantages