1. Talc is used as an abrasive, absorbent, anticaking, bulking, opacifying, skin protection, and slip modification agent in cosmetics.
2. Medically, talc is used as a sclerosing agent.
3. Talc is used as a color additive in pharmaceutical drugs.
4. Talc functions as a pigment in paints, varnishes, and rubber.
5. Talc functions as a filler for paper, rubber, and soap.
6. Talc functions as a lubricant for molds and machinery.
7. Talc functions as a carrier for insecticides and herbicides.
(CIR 2010; ChemIDplus 2014)
There are currently no GreenScreen Assessments available for this chemical in our database.