GreenScreen® for Safer Chemicals
GreenScreen® for Safer Chemicals is a chemical hazard assessment tool used to identify chemical hazards, choose safer chemicals and reduce your business risk. Using GreenScreen, an assessor evaluates chemicals against 18 human and environmental health factors and assigns a benchmark score. A related tool, the GreenScreen List Translator, is an automated abbreviated version of the GreenScreen. Using the GreenScreen® List Translator™ you can quickly identify chemicals of concern for priority action. These tools enable you to:
- Distill complex data into simple and actionable high-level metrics.
- Identify chemicals of concern.
- Transform chemical selection throughout your supply chain.
- Reduce your chemical footprint.
- Minimize risks to human and environmental health.
- Mitigate your business risk.
- Support the creation of a healthy materials economy.
Clean Production Action now offers a wide range of training options for all levels of expertise.
“We know there is often not enough consideration given to hazard characteristics when choosing chemicals during product design. Having a straightforward process such as the GreenScreen Benchmarks for evaluating chemical hazard and people trained to use it is incredibly valuable.”-Mark Snyder, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
New training program for 2018:
- DESIGNING A CHEMICALS MANAGEMENT POLICY: How to write or update a comprehensive chemicals and materials management policy that goes beyond regulatory compliance
- FACING THE CHAOS OF CHEMICAL LISTS: How to effectively use chemical lists to proactively avoid known chemicals of high concern to human health or the environment
- MEASURING AND REDUCING CHEMICAL FOOTPRINTS: How to measure current chemical footprint and progress to sustainability goals, based on case studies from leading practitioners
- AVOIDING REGRETTABLE SUBSTITUTES WITH GREENSCREEN®: How to identify safer alternatives to chemicals of concern with GreenScreen® for Safer Chemicals
Introduction to GreenScreen webinar This 60-minute webinar will be of interest to you if you want to understand chemical hazards and hear how organizations are using GreenScreen to select safer chemicals. Cost: free
Introduction to GreenScreen online course This online course can be taken at your own pace. Format: six modules between 30-60 minutes in length, includes assignments, tests, pop-up questions. Cost: $299
This course is ideal for you if you are a professional leading your company or organization on the journey to safer products and supply chains and seek to understand the hazards of chemicals.
We will review:
- How GreenScreen can support your organization in proactive chemicals management.
- How to implement the assessment methodology in your organization.
- Specific examples on how various organizations (such as HP, US Green Building Council's LEED, State of Washington) are using GreenScreen to innovate towards safer chemicals and create market efficiency in global supply chains.
Format & cost vary
Private and Customized GreenScreen Trainings can be delivered to your group with your preferred delivery option and on a schedule that meets your needs. GreenScreen staff will assist you in selecting and identifying the appropriate training content from our Introductory and Advanced Topics courses and/or developing new content to meet your unique interests or company needs.