GreenScreen® for Safer Chemicals
GreenScreen® for Safer Chemicals is a chemical hazard assessment tool used to identify chemical hazards, choose safer chemicals and reduce your business risk. Using GreenScreen, an assessor evaluates chemicals against 18 human and environmental health factors and assigns a benchmark score. A related tool, the GreenScreen List Translator, is an automated abbreviated version of the GreenScreen. Using the GreenScreen® List Translator™ you can quickly identify chemicals of concern for priority action. These tools enable you to:
- Distill complex data into simple and actionable high-level metrics.
- Identify chemicals of concern.
- Transform chemical selection throughout your supply chain.
- Reduce your chemical footprint.
- Minimize risks to human and environmental health.
- Mitigate your business risk.
- Support the creation of a healthy materials economy.
Clean Production Action now offers a wide range of training options for all levels of expertise.
“We know there is often not enough consideration given to hazard characteristics when choosing chemicals during product design. Having a straightforward process such as the GreenScreen Benchmarks for evaluating chemical hazard and people trained to use it is incredibly valuable.”-Mark Snyder, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
Each course contains three live, online 75-minute classes. Cost: individual courses for $389 or all four courses for a discounted price of $1199.
- Course 1: IDENTIFYING A LIST OF CHEMICALS OF CONCERN FOR ACTION - April 10, 17, 24
- Course 2: DESIGNING A CHEMICALS MANAGEMENT POLICY - May 9, 16, 23
- Course 3: SETTING GOALS AND MEASURING CHEMICAL FOOTPRINTS - September 11, 18, 25
- Course 4: AVOIDING REGRETTABLE SUBSTITUTES WITH GREENSCREEN® - October 9, 16, 23
2019 GreenScreen Trainings:
Introduction to GreenScreen webinar This 60-minute webinar will be of interest to you if you want to understand chemical hazards and hear how organizations are using GreenScreen to select safer chemicals. Cost: free
Introduction to GreenScreen online course This online course can be taken at your own pace. Format: six modules between 30-60 minutes in length, includes assignments, tests, pop-up questions. Cost: $299
This course is ideal for you if you are a professional leading your company or organization on the journey to safer products and supply chains and seek to understand the hazards of chemicals.
We will review:
- How GreenScreen can support your organization in proactive chemicals management.
- How to implement the assessment methodology in your organization.
- Specific examples on how various organizations (such as HP, US Green Building Council's LEED, State of Washington) are using GreenScreen to innovate towards safer chemicals and create market efficiency in global supply chains.
GreenScreen® Advanced Topics Course
GreenScreen Advanced Topics Course is ideal for technical professionals who want to elevate their expertise in choosing safer chemicals by gaining in-depth knowledge in how a GreenScreen assessment is conducted. You can either take this course as a stand-alone option or as part of the Authorized GreenScreen Practitioner Program described below.
Format: Twelve weekly live, online 60-minute classes. Cost: $3,000.
Authorized GreenScreen Practitioner Program – Class size limited.
Format includes the Advanced Topics Course outlined above along with a Practicum. Total time commitment is approximately 100 - 120 hours. The bulk of the time is spent performing homework including one comprehensive GreenScreen assessment. The time to complete the homework is highly dependent on participants' prior experience and expertise. Cost: $6,000.
If you wish to enhance your own professional qualification and become a Certified GreenScreen Practitioner this course is for you. You will obtain professional licensed credentialing to perform comprehensive, high quality GreenScreen assessments for your registered organization as well as many other benefits. Find out more and see a list of current GreenScreen Practitioners.
“GreenScreen is an elegant system, and it is one bright light in the sea of misinformation and confusion. I think people who have trained in the Practitioner Program will be able to impress on others the need to be deliberate and thorough and serious about chemical hazard assessment to yield the transformation necessary.” -Catherine Bobenhausen, Vidaris, Inc.
Format & cost vary
Private and Customized GreenScreen Trainings can be delivered to your group with your preferred delivery option and on a schedule that meets your needs. GreenScreen staff will assist you in selecting and identifying the appropriate training content from our Introductory and Advanced Topics courses and/or developing new content to meet your unique interests or company needs.