GreenScreen for Safer Chemicals Standard Introductory Course
Purpose: Understand the value of the GreenScreen methodology and be able to use GreenScreen assessments to support informed material selection decisions.
- Understand the value of chemical hazard assessment in making informed chemical and material selection decisions.
- Understand the value of GreenScreen as a standardized metric and communication system for chemical hazards
- Understand the scientific rigor of the GreenScreen assessment process and become familiar with the criteria and how they were developed.
- Understand how GreenScreen addresses key hazard assessment challenges such as lack of available data and environmental transformation products.
- Understand how to review GreenScreen assessment results and extract information to support informed decision-making.
- Become familiar with the general application categories for GreenScreen assessments and examples of each.
- Become familiar with resources to obtain and generate GreenScreen assessments.
Delivery Options & Duration:
- Live in-person: One day (~7 hours)
- Live web-based: Six separate one-hour sessions delivered once every one to two weeks
- Online (asynchronous): Six modules with video length ranging from 40-60 minutes
Register for the online course here.
Return to Course Offerings.